• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TDG: The Restaurant at the End of My Tether

Fat Guy

Dr. Andre Batch finds the last place he'll ever eat in . . .

+++

Be sure to check The Daily Gullet home page daily for new articles (most every weekday), hot topics, site announcements, and more.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Oh my goodness. Poor, poor Dr. Batch. I must say one feels simply drained, exhausted, spent, shall one say, after reading of his travail -- and, one assumes, this is only his most recent travail. Poor Dr. Batch. One wonders how he manages. Perhaps we'll get greater insight from future installments.

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

So too do I hope the good doctor will provide us with many and varied future installments, but I'm hardly sanguine. As you might imagine, he has a bit of difficulty meeting deadlines, and the mechanics of editing and production are anathema to him.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Dr Batch is a bit of an enigma really. His correspondence is erratic and quite unpredictable, and, as it is highly unlikely that he will appear on these boards in person, we will just have to make of it what we can.

I have an uneasy relationship with him, and I can't honestly say that I particulary look forward to his visits, but I know that our paths will continue to cross.

Methinks he's Andy's alter ego. :biggrin:

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

There there. Just sit right down and have a nice cup of tea. Isn't that better? You'll be right as rain.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Didn't you guys realize this is the lost Cambodian mekong delta episode of "A Cook's Tour"?

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Two words... sick puppy.

I can't wait for the next installment.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose