• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

sorry, must've missed it in the 10 pages of posts.  I guess that WE'RE the pub crawl that the bartender (I think he's also the owner - Irish guy  :wacko: ) was talking about.

No, it was just on the last page, lazy. :biggrin:

I spoke to Jim. Was that him?

Had dinner with a co-worker at McHale's tonight, and we gave an updated scoresheet a technical try-out. I've incorporated suggestions from elyse, Suzanne, and others, and ended up with 20 categories so that on a scale of zero to five, a perfect burger gets 100. I took out the categories that people didn't like, got rid of the tiebreaker, and added blank lines under each category that can be used for defining the point ranges or for comments. Oh, and Caramelization has been changed to Browning :biggrin:

Let me know if you have any further comments!

:smile:

Jamie

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite

sorry, must've missed it in the 10 pages of posts.  I guess that WE'RE the pub crawl that the bartender (I think he's also the owner - Irish guy  :wacko: ) was talking about.

No, it was just on the last page, lazy. :biggrin:

I spoke to Jim. Was that him?

Yep, there it was. Any bigger and it would have bitten me in the ass. I think it was Jim who I spoke to. As I said, I think he thinks that we're on a pub crawl.

I think we should get THIS GUY to run the California chapter of Burger Club.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Nice job, Jamie. We can see how it works, and make any revisions as we need to. (If you make any more changes, email me, please.) I'll bring copies for all on Saturday. Everybody try to remember to bring a writing implement. :unsure:

Burger Club? He's gonna' have his hands full being in charge of the California Turkey Club.

Sigh. :sad: True, true.

Blondie,

I have been to Rare twice and regretted it both times. The Burgers are good but the service is awful. We were there an hour and the waittress came back and said the food wasn't even on the grill yet.

We said cancel the order please, and give us the check for our appetizers, and our food magically appeared. This of course sent the people in our viscinity who had been there before us (and also didn't have burgers yet) into a tizzy.

My wife doesn't eat burgers (Oh the horror!) and both times she has hated her meals. Not even worth a trip IMHO.

Msk

And I would second whomever recommended Big Nicks; it's been awhile since I've been, but I was impressed.

One more time... BURGER JOINT.

Welcome to Burger Club. Maybe. :smile:

Burger Joint?

That might be the name, but does anyone really call it that?

I have a possible addition to the list of burger places to hit.

Not to be a critic following whore (wait why am I a whore?) but Robert Sietsema (village voice food critic ) says that the best burger he found in his rounds this year is at Petite Abeille. Might be hard to get a table for 16 there, but its worth looking into.

Ah.

Eddie Izzard tonight and Burger Club tomorrow.

Life is good.

Jamie

Where? Dang it all. I loved his Engelbert Humperdinck bit.

Many people are not giving me a final count for tomorrow! I have to call today!

Where?  Dang it all.  I loved his Engelbert Humperdinck bit. 

Many people are not giving me a final count for tomorrow!  I have to call today!

Eddie Izzard at City Center

I'll be at Burger Club along with my partner so that's 2.

Jamie

Edited by picaman (log)

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite

Okay, I PMed everyone I know is interested. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Hope I didn't PM someone or other twice. It happens.

To any lurkers who may be... lurking, you know where we'll be. You can show up and lurk in the restaurant too if you want to remain annonymous. :biggrin: Or you can PM me today. :smile:

Okay, I PMed everyone I know is interested.  Hope I didn't miss anyone.

This means. IF I neglected to PM you, it is for no other reason than that I have no organizational skills.

Please PM me!

Many people are not giving me a final count for tomorrow!  I have to call today!

Jamie

Sigh. I just called CityTix to see if there were any tickets available (I knew there wouldn't be, seeing as they went on sale months ago, but still had to check) and the woman who answered the phone was a royal BITCH. :angry:

Ah well, guess I'll just have to wait for the DVD.

I'll be bringing a friend tomorrow, so put me down for 2.

Sherri A. Jackson

Jamie

Sigh. I just called CityTix to see if there were any tickets available (I knew there wouldn't be, seeing as they went on sale months ago, but still had to check) and the woman who answered the phone was a royal BITCH. :angry:

Ah well, guess I'll just have to wait for the DVD.

There's a good chance they'll show it on HBO as they did his last tour.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I replied to your PM (is that an RPM?), Elyse. I will be there tomorrow solo.

BTW, I peeked in the window of Cafe Luxemburg today. Good crowd for lunch. The Luxemburger is $14.00, add $1.00 for cheese or bacon.

--mh

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.