• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

Anything involving Al Dente, hookers and onion rings can't suck.

Next Monday then?

John W, Mark S, can you make it? Who else? Hannah?

Monday looks good for me right now... :biggrin:

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

One of these times El Nuevo Wong Grande is going to have to come up.  Or Full Kee if it ever reopens.

To fully enjoy El Nuevo Wong Grande, you must be seated after 2 AM.

Firefly Restaurant

Washington, DC

Not the body of a man from earth, not the face of the one you love

One of these times El Nuevo Wong Grande is going to have to come up.  Or Full Kee if it ever reopens.

2am is good. I'll just take the next day off. Lord knows I need it...

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

I learned my most amusing party trick there long ago...retreiving peas from my bra with chopsticks. It was 3am and I'm sure I don't need to say this but we were all drunk as hell.

My dinner companions were not the most mature people on the planet. :rolleyes:

Don't think I've been back since.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Right. I forgot. That's his house.

Man, scotch at the Fox and Hounds sounds pretty damn good right now.

What I used to love about the F&H is that every drink is a double. Ask for a Jack and Coke, they give you a small bottle of Coke and a tumbler of whiskey. :blink: And they will bring you food from Trio. And the jukebox seriously rocked. And the decor looked like a 70's rec room gone bad.

::sniff:: I'm getting all misty eyed...

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Trio, and F&H, never much agreed with my dive sensibilities for some reason. :unsure:

John, I thought you were s'posed to pick the next spot?

Trio, and F&H, never much agreed with my dive sensibilities for some reason.  :unsure:

John, I thought you were s'posed to pick the next spot?

I'll never forget going to the Trio for breakfast around 10 one morning. This was back when all the waitresses had those huge banana curls and wore hankies pinned to their blouses. One of these gals was behind the cash register. When she thought no one was looking, she turned around, grabbed the bottle of Popov vodka and did a shot....... warm. Thems was the good 'ole days.

Mark

So are we still on for Stoney's tomorrow night (Monday)? What time? I'd prefer 6:30 since I'm an early-to-bed sort, though I suspect Stoney's on a Monday isn't one of those places where it's a big deal if people wander in to join a party after they've taken a table.

So are we still on for Stoney's tomorrow night (Monday)? What time? I'd prefer 6:30 since I'm an early-to-bed sort, though I suspect Stoney's on a Monday isn't one of those places where it's a big deal if people wander in to join a party after they've taken a table.

I didn't realize we were on for this. Hmm, I don't even know where it is. What's the address?

I might be able to make it-- depends on how long my day at the office goes.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

I didn't realize we were on for this. Hmm, I don't even know where it is. What's the address?

I might be able to make it-- depends on how long my day at the office goes.

13th & L St.

Warning: It really is a dive.

Edited by Mark Sommelier (log)

Mark

What's the address?

Stoney's is at 1307 L Street NW (between 13th and 14th Streets).

The closest Metro station is McPherson Square (14th & I, Blue/Orange Line). Metro Center is not too far either (13th & G exit, Red Line).

Erin