• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Allura

Allura

Christmas Eve in the past would have been Italian pasta & fish and a huge multi-course feast provided by my aunt. I miss it, but they've moved and life changes and I'm not up to duplicating it. Last year we started going out for Christmas Eve, just my parents, sister & bf, and my family. Italian restaurant of course, so I had shrimp wrapped in proscioutto for app and halibut with risotto for main. Christmas day morning at home was just cheesy scrambled eggs and chocolate croissants fresh from the oven (courtesy of Trader Joe's). Early dinner was at my parents' house, and we started with nibbles of proscioutto bread, cheese, and spinach/artichoke dip. Despite the nibbles, we started with pasta bolognese, then prime rib with roasted potatoes, green beans and broccoli with cheese sauce. Dessert was too much: Italian pastries, yule log type cake, cookies, chocolates from See's, brownies. :)

And then we left the kiddo at my parents overnight and went to see Last Jedi yesterday. :)

Allura

Allura

Christmas Eve in the past would have been Italian pasta & fish and a huge multi-course feast provided by my aunt. I miss it, but they've moved and life changes and I'm not up to duplicating it. Last year we started going out for Christmas Eve, just my parents, sister & bf, and my family. Italian restaurant of course, so I had shrimp wrapped in proscioutto for app and halibut with risotto for main. Christmas day morning at home was just cheesy scrambled eggs and chocolate croissants fresh from the oven (courtesy of Trader Joe's). Early dinner was at my parents' house, and we started with nibbles of proscioutto bread, cheese, and spinach/artichoke dip. Main was prime rib with roasted potatoes, green beans and broccoli with cheese sauce. Dessert was too much: Italian pastries, yule log type cake, cookies, chocolates from See's, brownies. :)

And then we left the kiddo at my parents overnight and went to see Last Jedi yesterday. :)