• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ProfessionalHobbit

ProfessionalHobbit

DSC03803-001.JPG.f672d02ba444e554270cfeda541f4310.JPG

Hardly any cooking this weekend which is rare for me but understandable given that today is my birthday. Anyway, last night B and I went to a Japanese New Year celebration. This spread was not as Japanese-y as in other years but there were still some favorites.

Clockwise from center, foreground:  chirashi with ikura, tamago and edamame; tangerines clementine oranges; kurikinton (mashed chestnuts and sweet potatoes, topped with sweet chestnut); cherry and apple pie; red bean soup with green tea mochi and regular mochi; fruit salad; cheese plate (blue cheese, brie and Gouda); salmon two ways (lox and broiled); spiral sliced ham; white chocolate with matcha powder; toasted rye bread; beef stew with potatoes, carrot and onion. Not shown are spring rolls with chicken and cheese. O.o

ProfessionalHobbit

ProfessionalHobbit

DSC03803-001.JPG.f672d02ba444e554270cfeda541f4310.JPG

Hardly any cooking this weekend which is rare for me but understandable given that today is my birthday. Anyway, last night B and I went to a Japanese New Year celebration. This spread was not as Japanese-y as in other years but there were still some favorites.

Clockwise from center, foreground:  chirashi with ikura, tamago and edamame; tangerines; kurikinton (mashed chestnuts and sweet potatoes, topped with sweet chestnut); cherry and apple pie; red bean soup with green tea mochi and regular mochi; fruit salad; cheese plate (blue cheese, brie and Gouda); salmon two ways (lox and broiled); spiral sliced ham; white chocolate with matcha powder; toasted rye bread; beef stew with potatoes, carrot and onion. Not shown are spring rolls with chicken and cheese. O.o