• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I was a happy chappie when I hit the market this morning. For days now, I've lived in hope and today it all came together. They have spinach, again! My favourite vegetable. I am never sure whether or not I like that most produce here in China is very seasonal. It's good that they are not flying stuff in from distant lands, but some things I just plain miss in the off season.

I will probably bore you death over the next month or two with spinach. Just call me Popeye.

So, tonight I had, guess what. Spinach. Cooked my favourite way. Simply wilted with some sea salt.

Along with some stir fried pig's kidney, shallots, chilli, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce and jade gill mushrooms. I would normally finish this with some scallions or Chinese chives, but when I got there the cupboard was bare. Tasted fine without them.

kidney.thumb.jpg.e7df56403b3d522a6a87e6118854b5ef.jpg

Still have half the spinach I bought. Breakfast!

liuzhou

liuzhou

I was a happy chappie when I hit the market this morning. For days now, I've lived in hope and today it all came together. They have spinach, again! My favourite vegetable. I am never sure whether or not O like that most produce here in China is very seasonal. It's good that they are not flying stuff in from distant lands, but some things I just plain miss in the off season.

I will probably bore you death over the next month or two with spinach. Just call me Popeye.

So, tonight I had, guess what. Spinach. Cooked my favourite way. Simply wilted with some sea salt.

Along with some stir fried pig's kidney, shallots, chilli, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce and jade gill mushrooms. I would normally finish this with some scallions or Chinese chives, but when I got there the cupboard was bare. Tasted fine without them.

kidney.thumb.jpg.e7df56403b3d522a6a87e6118854b5ef.jpg

Still have half the spinach I bought. Breakfast!