• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

IMG_2037.thumb.JPG.db3275bd863419d5d99df694d647620c.JPG

Fried potato and cheese pancake from Six Seasons.

There is a reason that I'm showing you this still in the pan.  I knew without a doubt that any attempt to remove it from the pan would not end well.  There is a reason you are advised to read a recipe!   This one called for a nonstick pan.  Missed that part. This is a very well seasoned cast iron pan but it was not quite up to a mixture of cheese, onion and potato.  But it was very good and I enjoyed it with some tomato chutney. (The pancake not the cast-iron pan.)

Edited for clarification after I read it through and wondered if I would've broken my teeth on the cast-iron pan. 

Anna N

Anna N

IMG_2037.thumb.JPG.db3275bd863419d5d99df694d647620c.JPG

Fried potato and cheese pancake from Six Seasons.

There is a reason that I'm showing you this still in the pan.  I knew without a doubt that any attempt to remove it from the pan would not end well.  There is a reason you are advised to read a recipe!   This one called for a nonstick pan.  Missed that part. This is a very well seasoned cast iron pan but it was not quite up to a mixture of cheese, onion and potato.  But it was very good and I enjoyed it with some tomato chutney.