• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

12 hours ago, David Ross said:

After 80 days of searing heat, (for Spokane) with no rain, finally Fall weather has arrived.  Which for me is a blessing as it's my favorite time of year for cooking.  This is the third batch of duck confit I've made so far.  This time served with a Cassoulet Bean Stew I came up with.  The beans are from our friends at Rancho Gordo.

Ditto for W. Montana.  It's been a very long, hot and dry summer and I'm done with it.

I can't wait to cook soups, stews and braises and roasts!!!!

It's my favorite time for cooking and I'm ready!

lindag

lindag

6 minutes ago, David Ross said:

After 80 days of searing heat, (for Spokane) with no rain, finally Fall weather has arrived.  Which for me is a blessing as it's my favorite time of year for cooking.  This is the third batch of duck confit I've made so far.  This time served with a Cassoulet Bean Stew I came up with.  The beans are from our friends at Rancho Gordo.

Ditto for W. Montana.  It's been a very long, hot and dry summer and I'm done with it.

I can't wait to cook soups, stews and braises and roasts!!!!

It's also my favorite time for cooking and I'm ready!