• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

9 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Well, I'll be darned! It just goes to show that you can even teach an old dog new tricks. Remember some years back when every chef in the cooking shows prefaced their segments with a lesson on how to peel a tomato? I've hated peeling tomatoes ever since. This really, really works.

Tonight my housemate is out with his girlfriend so I'm having my usual solo sandwich dinner, with a twist. Today in PriceSmart I found some beautiful Hillshire Farms Polish kielbasa, which down here is a real treat. So I'm having a big fat, juicy sausage sandwich with nice, peeled sliced tomatoes, and creamy coleslaw with some orange slices in it.

Thank you, Shelby.

Oh, thank you so much!  I'm so glad to pass on a helpful tip from my family.  I know my great gramma peeled them like this...then my grammy...then my mom and now me.  Nothing makes me happier than sharing helpful stuff like this.  

It really does work :) (I checked with mom about how she learned :) )

Shelby

Shelby

6 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Well, I'll be darned! It just goes to show that you can even teach an old dog new tricks. Remember some years back when every chef in the cooking shows prefaced their segments with a lesson on how to peel a tomato? I've hated peeling tomatoes ever since. This really, really works.

Tonight my housemate is out with his girlfriend so I'm having my usual solo sandwich dinner, with a twist. Today in PriceSmart I found some beautiful Hillshire Farms Polish kielbasa, which down here is a real treat. So I'm having a big fat, juicy sausage sandwich with nice, peeled sliced tomatoes, and creamy coleslaw with some orange slices in it.

Thank you, Shelby.

Oh, thank you so much!  I'm so glad to pass on a helpful tip from my family.  I know my great gramma peeled them like this...then my grammy...then my mom and now me.  Nothing makes me happier than sharing helpful stuff like this.  

It really does work :)