• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Meatloaf sandwiches

lindag

My husband makes this recipe and uses panko.  He puts a BBQ sauce on his meatloaf sandwiches, of late that has been TJ's Roasted Garlic and Sriracha sauce.  I don't eat meatloaf sandwiches.

I make my meat loaf in a 7 x 11 glass baking dish, with a pound of ground beef, so it's between a half and three-quarters of an inch thick, because I like the crusty outside on the bottom and the ooey-gooey charred ketchup top; I cut my servings in squares, about bread-slice size, so they're tremendously handy for sandwiches. And I make meat loaf chiefly to have sandwich makings. I like it much better chilled, then reheated in the oven with the bread and soft cheese for a sandwich, than fresh out of the oven for a main dish. With a bowl of vegetable beef soup, there is no better cold-weather meal.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

John has one more piece of ground chicken meatloaf left.  It is going into a sandwich for travel tomorrow.   Lightly toasted gluten free rye bread, a thin smear of mayo on one side, some romaine, meatloaf and then, on the other slice of bread - a thin layer of honey cranberry mustard.  Alas I am at the end of the last jar of the honey cranberry mustard.

Me - I like my meatloaf warmed then on toasted white bread with Miracle Whip on one side and ketchup on the other.

• Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I prefer my meatloaf sandwiches cold and plain white bread with just ketchup. This is a very important step: You can make the sandwich as stacked as you want but its very important to slice the meatloaf thin and squirt a few drops of ketchup inbetween layers, and not directly on the bread unless you enjoy eating pink dough meatloaf sandwiches.

• Like 2

I got my first bottle of the Inner Beauty Hot Sauce yesterday and was eager to try it on my meatloaf

sandwich...I like it a lot; it adds a nice extra layer of flavor to an already great sandwich.

• Like 1