• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sweety Drop Peppers

ElsieD

Is anyone familiar with these?  If so, how do you use them?  I found them at an Italian grocer last weekend and bought some because, well, because I had never heard of them before.  Tonight I made something called Tropical Couscous salad and popped a bunch of them into it.  They are nice little bursts of flavour.   The ones I bought were in a jar but Mr. Google tells me they are also available in cans.  The pictures below show them in the packaging I bought them in and the second picture, which I included to give you a better idea off their size, is sitting in a 1/4 teaspoon measure.

20170531_200901.jpg

20170531_201059.jpg

• Like 5

I have tossed them in salads but usually stick one on top of a cracker with a dollop of cream cheese.  

I have also studded them on top of a toasted bagel half, coated with cream cheese.

• Like 3

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

• 2 weeks later...

I found them at Pete Luckett's winery in Nova Scotia, where they were set out for sampling. I found them tasty, but a bit "seedy." 

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning