• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

My take on the recipe for crab & peas with casarecce from Diana Henry's Simple with farfalle standing in for a pasta shape missing from my pantry. Very quick and easy. I liked using fresh sugar snap peas, English peas and pea shoots all together in one dish. Nice contrast of textures with crisp sugar snaps, toothsome pasta and tender crab but even with extra lemon juice, I found it lacking in flavor contrast. Maybe I under seasoned but I prefer to bursts of salty ingredients over using more salt alone so I added slivers of preserved lemon peel and a bit of feta cheese. Both are nice although the preserved lemon suits the dish a bit better and is what I will add next time.

IMG_5082.thumb.jpg.53a5ceee294d0c390368441d484d6def.jpg

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

My take on the recipe for crab & peas with casarecce from Diana Henry's Simple with farfalle standing in for a pasta shape missing from my pantry. Very quick and easy. I liked using fresh sugar snap peas, English peas and pea shoots all together in one dish. Nice contrast of textures with crisp sugar snaps, toothsome pasta and tender crab but even with extra lemon juice, I found it lacking in flavor contrast. Maybe I under seasoned but I prefer to bursts of salty ingredients over than salt alone so I added slivers of preserved lemon peel and a bit of feta cheese. Both are nice although the preserved lemon suits the dish a bit better and is what I will add next time.

IMG_5082.thumb.jpg.53a5ceee294d0c390368441d484d6def.jpg