• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sartoric

sartoric

Spelling

A Thai green chicken wing curry with zucchini and green beans. Served (untraditionally, but on a what's in the fridge basis) with mint raita and pappads. I made this curry paste a while ago and was disappointed then, and again now. Despite adding extra green chillies, extra ginger and garlic, extra lemongrass and even more chilli powder, the curry was lacklustre. The rest of the paste is going in the bin.

IMG_3535.thumb.JPG.da397655f8a2296c6bf5e7cade7a88dc.JPG

To compensate our ordinary curry, I cracked open a triple choc pudding that came in a Christmas hamper, served with rum custard sauce (also in the hamper) and vanilla ice cream. Ahhhh, that's better.

IMG_3537.thumb.JPG.8af46ff2e7569d72f35b7aa7d437d41e.JPG

sartoric

sartoric

A Thai green chicken wing curry with zucchini and green beans. Served (untraditionally, but on a what's in the fridge basis) with mint raita and pappads. I made this curry paste a while ago and was disappointed then, and again now. Despite adding extra green chillies, extra ginger and garlic, extra lemongrass and even more chilli powder, the curry was lacklustre. The rest of the paste is going in the bin.

To compensate our ordinary curry, I cracked open a triple chic pudding that came in a Christmas hamper, served with rum custard sauce (also in the hamper) and vanilla ice cream. Ahhhh, that's better.

sartoric

sartoric

To compensate our ordinary curry, I cracked open a triple chic pudding that came in a Christmas hamper, served with rum custard sauce (also in the hamper) and vanilla ice cream. Ahhhh, that's better !