• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Deb and I both like corned beef, so when it was on sale for St Patty's, I went all in. I took a flat cut out of the freezer the other day and last night we had it for dinner. The potatoes were a little over cooked to my taste, but this is the way Deb likes them. The corned beef, water to cover, cider vinegar, bay leaves, spice packet and a good quarter cup of Crystal hot sauce were in the instant pot for 90 minutes at high pressure with natural release. It went into a warm oven wrapped in foil. The potatoes, carrots and cabbage went into the pot with the same "juice" for 10 minutes at high pressure with natural release. The leftover sliced corned beef, potatoes and carrots went with Deb to work for lunch (she will not heat cabbage in the micro at work), and we have a nice piece of beef leftover for sandwiches.

HC

IMG_1918.thumb.JPG.760aaedb66422c7298b13feb1620a25f.JPGIMG_1919.thumb.JPG.e46e257aef95c47b87bfafb6f426c91d.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Deb and I both like corned beef, so when it was on sale for St Patty's, I went all in. I took a flat cut out of the freezer the other day and last night we had it for dinner. The potatoes were a little over cooked to my taste, but this is the way Deb likes them. The corned beef, cider vinegar, bay leaves, spice packet and a good quarter cup of Crystal hot sauce were in the instant pot for 90 minutes at high pressure with natural release. It went into a warm oven wrapped in foil. The potatoes, carrots and cabbage went into the pot with the same "juice" for 10 minutes at high pressure with natural release. The leftover sliced corned beef, potatoes and carrots went with Deb to work with Deb for lunch (she will not heat cabbage in the micro at work), and we have a nice piece of beef leftover for sandwiches.

HC

IMG_1918.thumb.JPG.760aaedb66422c7298b13feb1620a25f.JPGIMG_1919.thumb.JPG.e46e257aef95c47b87bfafb6f426c91d.JPG