• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

potato starts with a P

Huevos rotos from Diana Henry's Simple

IMG_4918.thumb.jpg.a5facf54629882e16ea0b7b3d04fa1bf.jpg

Sliced potatoes and onions are cooked with garlic, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper before the egg is dropped on top.  

Beyond the occasional potato salad in the summer, I am not much of a potato eater so I had to buy some especially for this.  It's not bad but toast is still my preferred device for wrangling a runny yolk xD!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Huevos rotos from Diana Henry's Simple

IMG_4918.thumb.jpg.a5facf54629882e16ea0b7b3d04fa1bf.jpg

Sliced otatoes and onions are cooked with garlic, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper before the egg is dropped on top.  

Beyond the occasional potato salad in the summer, I am not much of a potato eater so I had to buy some especially for this.  It's not bad but toast is still my preferred device for wrangling a runny yolk xD!