• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Adding link

For many, many years we have had the Recipes that Rock topic.   I do not see where we have one started for this year.  Here's  a link to 2016. 

This is where we post recipes or links to recipes that have literally knocked our socks off.   Recipes in which the whole is so much more than the sum of the parts.   Recipes that seem as if they shouldn't work but do.  

My first contribution is a recipe I ran across yesterday in the New York Times for a Bacon Scallion Cream Sauce.  Initially it appealed to me because I had a bunch of scallions that were going south but ultimately it became so much more than a way to use up some straggly onions.

The ingredients will be staples for many of us.  I made it early in the day, chilled it quickly and put it in the refrigerator to be reheated at dinner time. For me that's an extra bonus.  It might even freeze well though I suspect it would separate.

Here's  a link. 

Anna N

Anna N

To add links etc.

For many, many years we have had the Recipes that Rock topic.   I do not see where we have one started for this year.  

This is where we post recipes or links to recipes that have literally knocked our socks off.   Recipes in which the whole is so much more than the sum of the parts.   Recipes that seem as if they shouldn't work but do.  

My first contribution is a recipe I ran across yesterday in the New York Times for a Bacon Scallion Cream Sauce.  Initially it appealed to me because I had a bunch of scallions that were going south but ultimately it became so much more than a way to use up some straggly onions.

The ingredients will be staples for many of us.  I made it early in the day, chilled it quickly and put it in the refrigerator to be reheated at dinner time. For me that's an extra bonus.  It might even freeze well though I suspect it would separate.

Here's  a link. 

Anna N

Anna N

For many, many years we have had the Recipes that Rock topic.