• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

14 hours ago, HungryChris said:

The truck from Point Judith was backing up to the loading dock as I pulled in, so I made my way right to the fish counter to see what was coming in. Soon a batch of fresh squid was put out on the ice and that was all I needed to see. One and a half pounds of uncleaned squid is just about right for the two of us. The price was right too!

IMG_1620.thumb.JPG.e1dabe1f31a438bc8efc9a16fb03b988.JPG

I did not know you were from Westerly.  I lived there as a young person.  Went to elementary school before we moved away.  The town library is so nice, and the adjacent park (Wilcox?) with the skating pond was lovely.  And of course the town owned beaches were a great asset. I was furious when we moved out of there!  It's such a cute town.  Nice price on the squid--it is much more here in MA.

Tonight we had Thai style fish cakes made with the last of the pollock from this week's fish share and a cucumber salad and rice

58dc65a76fd2b_thaifishmeatballs.thumb.jpg.c9ef9ded6a722f2dace9a93a8b4f60bc.jpg

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

13 hours ago, HungryChris said:

The truck from Point Judith was backing up to the loading dock as I pulled in, so I made my way right to the fish counter to see what was coming in. Soon a batch of fresh squid was put out on the ice and that was all I needed to see. One and a half pounds of uncleaned squid is just about right for the two of us. The price was right too!

I did not know you were from Westerly.  I lived there as a young person.  Went to elementary school at St. Pius X before we moved away.  Nothing good to say about that school really, but the town library is so nice, and the adjacent park (Wilcox?) with the skating pond was lovely.  And of course the town owned beaches were a great asset. I was furious when we moved out of there!  It's such a cute town.  Nice price on the squid--it is much more here in MA.

Tonight we had Thai style fish cakes made with the last of the pollock from this week's fish share and a cucumber salad and rice

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

13 hours ago, HungryChris said:

I did not know you were from Westerly.  I lived there as a young person.  Went to elementary school at St. Pius X before we moved away.  Nothing good to say about that school really, but the town library is so nice, and the adjacent park (Wilcox?) with the skating pond was lovely.  And of course the town owned beaches were a great asset. Nice price on the squid--it is much more here in MA.