• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Advice on this Tuna on Rice recipe

oofencocotte

Hi there,

I'm making a dish where the only cooking involved is cooking the rice. Setting up the rice cooker in the morning so I can make lunch super fast.

What I put together this afternoon was: 

Canned tuna, mixed with chopped chives. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil, lemon. Crumbled feta. Then mixed through the rice.

It tasted pretty good I think. Does anyone have any feedback on the ingredients? And any similar quicky recipes that I can mix with the rice? I can't cook anything where I am except for the rice. 

Many thanks

I'd be willing to try something like that, although I personally am not a fan of garlic powder and would probably use minced scallions (or garlic) instead. Other additions could be preserved lemon, parsley, and/or olives.

You could take it in a different direction by adding diced tomatoes, olives, capers, basil, olive oil, salt, pepper and grated parmesan cheese to the rice. (Rice puttanesca, anyone?) Add some finely chopped salami to the mix if you think you need meat.

By the way: welcome to eGullet!

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

You might want to check out this topic for other ideas.

Click

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog