• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

My inner Austrian is satisfied again. Home made potato dumplings. There's coarsely grated Hokkaido squash in the dough. Pumpkin seed oil and seeds to intensify the dumplings even more.

npimgsq.jpg

Plain version of same dumplings, with Speck and Sauerkraut.

PTMtzbH.jpg

(Plain) dumplings with ground pistachio and poppy seeds. Fresh plums marinated in maple syrup.

vt2zbX9.jpg

Burrata, pumpking seed oil and grated salt-cured yolk.

grK65bb.jpg

Making yolk confit next time for a change.

8outA4R.jpg

Lunch in Düsseldorf, Germany the other day.

AZXGh4S.jpg

ziPWB3I.jpg

Slow-cooked pork.

1YsVgdI.jpg

Bratwurst from nearby Bergisches Land, with creamy chard.

Xj7YQnX.jpg

Schumacher Alt beer is quite nice, I can never just stop after 2. The beer keeps coming until you put a beer mat on top of the glass. This much of beer in the glass is as good as empty and the waiter will bring you another full glass in no time.

iU3ASNv.jpg

The beer is properly dispensed by this man.

H2Kqokt.jpg

OK, one more beer then we go.

HAUkTpa.jpg

The brewery restaurant.

r9CgSNr.jpg

QzK5BXK.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

My inner Austrian is satisfied again. Home made potato dumplings. There's coarsely grated Hokkaido squash in the dough. Pumpkin seed oil end the seeds to intensify the dumplings even more.

npimgsq.jpg

Plain version of same dumplings, with Speck and Sauerkraut.

PTMtzbH.jpg

(Plain) dumplings with ground pistachio and poppy seeds. Fresh plums marinated in maple syrup.

vt2zbX9.jpg

Burrata, pumpking seed oil and grated salt-cured yolk.

grK65bb.jpg

Making yolk confit next time for a change.

8outA4R.jpg

Lunch in Düsseldorf, Germany the other day.

AZXGh4S.jpg

ziPWB3I.jpg

Slow-cooked pork.

1YsVgdI.jpg

Bratwurst from nearby Bergisches Land, with creamy chard.

Xj7YQnX.jpg

Schumacher Alt beer is quite nice, I can never just stop after 2. The beer keeps coming until you put a beer mat on top of the glass. This much of beer in the glass is as good as empty and the waiter will bring you another full glass in no time.

iU3ASNv.jpg

The beer is properly dispensed by this man.

H2Kqokt.jpg

OK, one more beer then we go.

HAUkTpa.jpg

The brewery restaurant.

r9CgSNr.jpg

QzK5BXK.jpg