• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

Jamaican patty. image.jpeg.753ce75f7011747ef01872bc3dd8b385.jpeg

If you look carefully just above and slightly to the right of the centre, you will see the tiny red dot indicating its spice level.

These are something that have intrigued me for years. I have never had one, never heard anyone talk about them, but I see them in the deli counters in a lot of paces. About a week ago I pulled the trigger and bought a box without any idea about which ones are good. Here it is in my freezer door, waiting for me to work up the courage to cook it and give it a try.

HC

IMG_1205.thumb.JPG.38a9a672bffd6fd6055414324f430eb5.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

Jamaican patty. image.jpeg.753ce75f7011747ef01872bc3dd8b385.jpeg

If you look carefully just above and slightly to the right of the centre, you will see the tiny red dot indicating its spice level.

These are something that has intrigued me for years. I have never had one, never heard anyone talk about them, but I see them in the deli counters in a lot of paces. About a week ago I pulled the trigger and bought a box without any idea about which ones are good. Here it is in my freezer door, waiting for me to work up the courage to cook it and give it a try.

HC

IMG_1205.thumb.JPG.38a9a672bffd6fd6055414324f430eb5.JPG