• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

19 hours ago, C. sapidus said:

Yes, I found tostones, as our boys would say, not my favorite. Same goes for mofongo. I kept trying it when we were in Puerto Rico, but apparently I am not a fan of starchy plantains in whatever guise.

Vaca frita sounds like rope vieja (in other words, good).

Once you can get past the horror of boiling a flank steak, it's marvelous.

Made quiche on Friday because daughter was en route to visit for the weekend. We finally got around to it this morning. Ham, fontina, and chives, no crust because daughter has celiac disease. 

quiche.jpg.5a64a439349c220da631082879520c73.jpg

Ham was part of a package from the freezer. I should have pressed some moisture out of it with paper towels. It had a bit too much water in it. Still good quiche, and we'll enjoy it the next couple of days.

58ab11db1c3a8_quicheslice.jpg.c11ba086d7db02eb3532bf8f2f98697b.jpg

kayb

kayb

19 hours ago, C. sapidus said:

Yes, I found tostones, as our boys would say, not my favorite. Same goes for mofongo. I kept trying it when we were in Puerto Rico, but apparently I am not a fan of starchy plantains in whatever guise.

Vaca frita sounds like rope vieja (in other words, good).

Once you can get past the horror of boiling a flank steak, it's marvelous.