• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anna N

Holiday gifts. What food/drink related gifts did you get?

14 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Interesting. Where did you find this ingredient?

I bought it at T & T, the Asian grocery.  They had several different brands but I picked this one because it was mentioned here. It comes in a regular version and a hot and spicy one.  I have the regular one.  Maybe @johnnyd could chime in and tell us how spicy the hot and spicy one is?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

I bought it at T & T, the Asian grocery.  They had several different brands but I picked this one because it was mentioned here. It comes in a regular version and a hot and spicy one.  I have the regular one.  Maybe @johnnyd could chime in and tell us how spicy the hot and spicy one is?

The regular one to me is like Heinz Ketchup - pretty sweet. The hot one is not exactly blazing as I recall. Not products I crave compared to o much other out there to try and enjoy.  Do try it if you find  it. Not expensive. 

14 minutes ago, heidih said:

The regular one to me is like Heinz Ketchup - pretty sweet. The hot one is not exactly blazing as I recall. Not products I crave compared to o much other out there to try and enjoy.  Do try it if you find  it. Not expensive. 

Thank you.  I will, for sure.

I still haven't opened it!  I know!! 

Good to know it's not habanero-level hot though. Our regular rotation features Harissa, Sambal Oelek and a kind of piri-piri I brew myself using fresnos and whiskey.

• Like 1

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

I really, really want to hear  what you think!!

• Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites