• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to fix links

I and others have already posted a number of dishes in the Deep Run Roots thread in the cookbook forum but I suppose we should follow convention and have a proper thread here in the cooking forum so here goes.  Everyone cooking from this book is more than welcome to join in!

Playing catch-up, in the other thread, I posted about cooking:

Roasted and Fresh Tomato Pie

Jalapeño Peach Chicken

Pork and Red Curry-Braised Watermelon

Elbow Lick Tomato Sandwich with smoked corn mayo as did @Steve Irby in this post

Watermelon Rind Pickles

Party Magnet Cheeseball

The vanilla pecan butter from Breakfast in the Car

The Kitchen Sink Mayo from the Fried Popcorn Oysters and Kitchen-Sink Mayo recipe

Fried Chicken Livers with Balsamic-Marinated Figs

Marinated turnips with orange and pumpkin seeds

@gfweb posted about making Roasted Grapes, Brussels Sprouts and Sausage

@Shelby posted about the Creamed Collards with Pickled Collard Stems, as did @Anna N in this post.

@Okanagancook posted about the Gumbo Sauce with shrimp and grits

@Anna N posted about the Every Day Cucumbers

@Steve Irby posted about the Grits, Green and Pork Rinds

If I missed any cooking efforts from that cookbook thread, it was unintentional.  I aim to be inclusive!  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I and others have already posted a number of dishes in the Deep Run Roots thread in the cookbook forum but I suppose we should follow convention and have a proper thread here in the cooking forum so here goes.  Everyone cooking from this book is more than welcome to join in!

Jalapeño Peach Chicken

Elbow Lick Tomato Sandwich with smoked corn mayo as did @Steve Irby in this post

Watermelon Rind Pickles

Party Magnet Cheeseball

The Kitchen Sink Mayo from the Fried Popcorn Oysters and Kitchen-Sink Mayo recipe

@Shelby posted about the Creamed Collards with Pickled Collard Stems, as did @Anna N in this post.

@Okanagancook posted about the Gumbo Sauce with shrimp and grits

If I missed any cooking efforts from that cookbook thread, it was unintentional.  I aim to be inclusive!  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Jalapeño Peach Chicken

Elbow Lick Tomato Sandwich with smoked corn mayo as did @Steve Irby in this post

Watermelon Rind Pickles

Party Magnet Cheeseball

@okanagancook posted about the Gumbo Sauce with shrimp and grits