• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

@scubadoo97 Yes, this is not a very common variety, I believe that it's called Himalayan mulberry. 
Iv'e heard the leaves can be used for cooking, but have never used them for it, since it's also the season for grape vine leaves, and so I opt for those instead. Can you describe their flavor? Grape leaves taste likes a lemony green tea IMO. Speaking of leaves, Iv'e recently bean given rice stuffed nasturtium leaves, they are less flavorful but very tender, might be worth a try.

shain

shain

@scubadoo97 Yes, this is not a very common variety, I was taught that it's called Himalayan mulberry. 
Iv'e heard the leaves can be used for cooking, but have never used them for it, since it's also the season for grape vine leaves, and so I opt for those instead. Can you describe their flavor? Grape leaves taste likes a lemony green tea IMO. Speaking of leaves, Iv'e recently bean given rice stuffed nasturtium leaves, they are less flavorful but very tender, might be worth a try.