• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ambai Pans

JoNorvelleWalker

Sadly umamimart told me today that they have been unable to source the Ambai for me.  I am still looking.

And I am seriously thinking of ordering a second stainless steel yukihara. It has become indispensable. It seems to me to be the perfect size for a number of jobs. Strangely my induction range recognizes it as if it were a large pan. This means that both the front units on my range can handle a small pan and being a singleton I often need two small pans heating at the same time.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

And I am seriously thinking of ordering a second stainless steel yukihara. It has become indispensable. It seems to me to be the perfect size for a number of jobs. Strangely my induction range recognizes it as if it were a large pan. This means that both the front units on my range can handle a small pan and being a singleton I often need two small pans heating at the same time.

What size did you get?

What size did you get?

click

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog