• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gallery of Modernist Meals

Anonymous Modernist 6611

Blue!

Blue4.jpg

Blue2.jpg

Blue3.jpg

EDIT: Meant to add the crust on the Mahi is indeed Organic GMO free Blue Corn Tortilla chopped and seasoned. See through spheres ("Glass Rocks" and "Caviar")were different versions of Coconut Water-Blue Curucao-Tequila. Turquois Reverse Spheres made from Sapƒ³té-Greek Yogur-Curucao, sauce is Banana-Coconut Water-Blueberry skin with the wonderful Ultratex 8. Gel is basically a heaping pour of Tequila, a drizzle of curacao and some agar.

Tropical, really delicious as I did add about 4 more pieces of fish to this plate. Gel was more of a cleanse than a gelled drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Orange!

Played with a couple versions of this as the Alaskan Salmon was awesome so I bought a pound and my fishmonger had some amazing Prawns.

Sauces are versions of fresh squeezed OJ and Tangerine juices and the wonderful (and cold diffusing!) Ultratex 8.

Agar Gelled Gold Beet/Carrot soup. Very light application of Agar, just enough to firm up the cold soup.

Orange Sherbert Reverse Spheres (large and small)

Heston Blumenthal's Triple Cooked Fries (chipsto you UK sorts) done with Yams. Slightly longer 1st and 2nd steps necessary vs regular potatoes but same amazing result.

5.jpg

3-1.jpg

1.jpg