• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Shelby

2012--What's on your holiday wish list?

8 posts in this topic

It's that time of year again!

What do you want to find under your tree? I want to know all of the gadgets, gizmos, cookbooks, foods etc. that you want.

A Vitamix dances around in my head like sugarplums ;) Actually, I've seen a couple of cheaper versions that would probably do me just fine.

And, the Modernist cookbook set.

However, seeing as how my dryer decided to shoot craps--it costs $100 less to fix it than it would to buy a new one. AND, my Inspiron 9300 laptop died--motherboard is out--I doubt I'll be getting either of my wishes.

Yep. The Vitamix. We keep seeing them at Costco and on QVC (or something - one of those channels) and I yearn, but wonder if they make different models and if the Costco/QVC ones are as good.

1. Vitamix

2. Juicer

3. Henkelman Lynx 32

Not asking for much, am I.

I'm asking santa for a Rotovap ... But to be honest I don't think I've been good enough this year to deserve one :( , so I said I'd settle for an Immersion Circulator :)

(Polysci Creative)

Moritaka Ishime 150mm Honesuki and some japanese waterstones 1000, 5000 & 8000 grit

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow

HERE is the topic about the goodies received