• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jim Dixon

Nocino (Green Walnut Liqueur) & Vin de Noix

On 7/15/2018 at 4:37 PM, Melde_Made said:

Hello! I hope everyone's nocino season went well this year! A friend and I discovered nocino just in time at the end of June to jump on the nocino train. I was curious if anyone has had any luck using the walnuts for any purpose after they are strained out of the infusion. I have read various uses involving infusing them again in white wine or marsala or preserving them in sherry as dessert/ice cream topping. Has anyone done any of this or anything else successfully?

Can't say as I have. Interesting idea - you could go from Nocino to vin de noix with one batch of nuts. 

Welcome Melde_Made by the way!

On 7/18/2018 at 8:43 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Can't say as I have. Interesting idea - you could go from Nocino to vin de noix with one batch of nuts. 

Welcome Melde_Made by the way!

Thank you! Well my friend and are trying a few different things with the strained solids, maybe I'll do a write up eventually if anyone is interested.

5 hours ago, Melde_Made said:

Thank you! Well my friend and are trying a few different things with the strained solids, maybe I'll do a write up eventually if anyone is interested.

I certainly would be.