• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breville "smart oven"

JAZ

2 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Of course  steam and water in general seem to be the cause of problems with Anova and CSO. There's leakage issues, clogging issues, computer/update issues all of which are related directly or indirectly to the steam function.

Another good reason why you own a Blue Star range and me a Wolf.  On/off, no circuit boards to burn out, and on those (here at least, very rare) occasions where the electricity fails, I can still light it with a match.

It's not easy making inexpensive consumer/prosumer products to match the expertise and precision a real combi-oven might provide.  

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I have a problem with my BSOA and would like to know if anyone else has had the same experience and if so, what did they do about it.  When I turn it on to, say, bake at 350F and set the timer for 30 minutes the timer keeps flashing.  Maybe 5 to 10 minutes into the pre-heat function the oven quits.  Everything just shuts off.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ElsieD said:

I have a problem with my BSOA and would like to know if anyone else has had the same experience and if so, what did they do about it.  When I turn it on to, say, bake at 350F and set the timer for 30 minutes the timer keeps flashing.  Maybe 5 to 10 minutes into the pre-heat function the oven quits.  Everything just shuts off.

I have not had any trouble with mine.  Sounds like it's overheating.

• Like 1

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 7:58 AM, ElsieD said:

The door might not be closing properly. Does your unit's door close normally with some tension? The door has a coiled spring and a sensor. If the spring is broken, then the sensor may not go to the correct position. This will deactivate the controller since it thinks the door is not closed.

A replacement spring is inexpensive and can be replaced easily. There's a few YouTube videos on this topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, cgman117 said:

The door might not be closing properly. Does your unit's door close normally with some tension? The door has a coiled spring and a sensor. If the spring is broken, then the sensor may not go to the correct position. This will deactivate the controller since it thinks the door is not closed.

A replacement spring is inexpensive and can be replaced easily. There's a few YouTube videos on this topic.

I found a video that shows the possible solution

As you can see, the switch can also be the issue.