• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Food Network Currently Casting: Men for Unspecified Projects

Lisa Shock

http://www.castingduo.com/foodnetwork

Looks like they want someone with on-camera skills, a background in a commercial kitchen or food education, and between the ages of 25-45. Oh ya, and a HUGE personality. The up-side is that you don't have to bother with all of the fuss of competing on 'The Next Food Network Star.' Interestingly enough, they are using the casting agency that has also cast Top Chef.

Let's see...

Love To Eat - Yes.

Adventurous Appetite - Yes.

Unapologetic Craving For Food - Maybe, but fortunately not 24/7... I'd be huge.

Food Knowledge - I think so. I won't be teaching Harold McGee anything but I do alright.

Hosting Experience - Do dinner parties count? Oh, tv hosting? Nope.

Background in:

Cooking - Yes.

Food Service - Yes.

Critique - Not professionally.

Education - Nope.

Food Lifestyle - WTF does that mean? A background in food lifestyle? I eat every day, does that count?

Male - Yep.

25 to 45 - Yep.

Witty - If smartass counts as witty, I'm in.

Charismatic - Yep. The ladies all swoon when I walk in the room. What? They weren't swooning? They fell over laughing hysterically? Never mind.

Totally Unreserved - I don't know, I have reservations about that one. I'm petty outgoing most of the time but I don't know if I'm, like, totally unreserved.

HUGE Personality - I'm bigger than Jesus! (that's pronounced "hay-soos", the Mexican guy up the street, he's not as tall as I am) Well, since they didn't specify that it had to be any particular type of personality, I guess that's another yes.

...I have a feeling I'm not what they're looking for. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't planning to try. :raz::biggrin:

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.