• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nakji

John Talbott Steps Down

31 posts in this topic

I am glad to see that John is still contributing to egullet.

Prior to his tenure i used to go to as many new restaurants as I could after doing a lot of research and my satisfaction level was around 60%,but then someone by the name of John Talbot appeared with reviews of most new restaurants.To my surprise my satisfaction level went to 90% after I followed his recommendation.I think that the Paris chapter was lucky to have him.

Prior to his tenure i used to go to as many new restaurants as I could after doing a lot of research and my satisfaction level was around 60%,but then someone by the name of John Talbot appeared with reviews of most new restaurants.To my surprise my satisfaction level went to 90% after I followed his recommendation.I think that the Paris chapter was lucky to have him.

Word! The best "head's up" on English-language and French press commentary about food in France on the web... or elsewhere ever.

eGullet member #80.

eGullet won't be the same without John Talbott, whose tireless organization (those compendia are amazing!) and regular, thoughtful contributions are the reason I joined and promoted this site.

John, I'll be following you on your website, which I recently named in Budget Travel as one of the Top Ten Paris food blogs.

Thanks for your many years of important work!

Pierre,

I could not have said it any better myself...well stated.

John:

As everyone else is saying, you did great work here, and it was a pleasure to work with you when we were both moderators. It sounds like you're off to a tremendous start with your website. All the best of luck to you!

John,

Your work as a host in the French forum was such a huge help to me in planning my trips to France. Thanks so much for all you've done!