• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blumenthal steak recipe?

Dante

Hello there!

I had plans to try the steak recipe from Heston Blumenthal's "In Search of Perfection" this coming week but someone has borrowed my copy of the book and I just found out that I won't see said person for a few days. :shock: Can anyone out there possibly share the method for preparingthe steak itself (that is to say, not the accompaniments, just the method for the steak)?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Dante

I have the book, I'll PM you the specifics but it's basically just sear, low and slow (very low and very slow), trim, cut and sear. Give me a few minutes and I'll send you the numbers.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.