• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Carnival/Festival type food

mexigaf

Trying to come up with some feasable ideas for small individual type portions to serve to about 125 guests.  The event is already catered but one of the parties involved wants me to make some extra fun things.  Any one got any ideas?

Diego

Little Vienna sausages made into corndogs?

A cotton candy machine with some unusual flavours?

Sno cones?

Tiny Tim donuts?

Ice cream waffles?

How about mini-hamburgers/cheeseburgers, and mini-grilled cheese sandwiches?

Around here, popular fare for years has been the "walking taco salad", and it consists of opening up a single-serving bag of Doritos or Fritos, adding chili, and then allowing guests to add toppings of their choice.

If you're interested in something 'interactive' - but it's kinda labor-intensive - have someone dipping apples in caramel, and then allow guests to choose toppings, such as nuts, candy, chocolate drizzle, etc.

the apple idea reminded me of something....frozen bananas on a stick dipped in chocolate and nuts..

but there is also

mini corn dogs

mini cheese steaks or italian sausage and peppers

candied almonds

butter corn on the cob on a stick

shish kabob w/pita

zeppoli

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association