• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greek Food Supplies

International Food Warehouse in Hackensack (Just off of 17 South and 80) might also be a pretty good bet. I know they have a lot of Mediterranean foods.

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

There is a Greek store in downtown West Orange. I have never gone in, but it looks to be a good-sized store.

They are on Main Street - on the East side of the street - between Washington Street and the old Edison factory buildings.

Good luck in your search!

Marie

NJDuchess

Does anyone know of stores in central to northern NJ that specialize in Greek food items?  I only know The Greek Store in Kenilworth and they are closed in August.  Thanks.

what greek items are you looking to purchase?

there is a great little place on main street in fort lee-across the street from senior citizen building-475 Main

they have cheese, olives, yougerts, halava, etc.boreka, canned food, olive oil

they don't have any meat-

There is a Greek store in downtown West Orange.  I have never gone in, but it looks to be a good-sized store.

They are on Main Street - on the East side of the street - between Washington Street and the old Edison factory buildings. 

Good luck in your search!

Marie

I second the nomination on this store, small but well stocked.

Sumi

http:/www.etuinc.com

Actually, you have 1 more week to get to the Greek Store in Kenilworth before their summer vacation.

"We will be closed for summer vacation August 6th through September 6th. We will re-open Thursday, September 7th. "

I've been to plenty over the past 10 years and IMHO this is the best greek store in NJ.

"Who made you the reigning deity on what is an interesting thread and what is not? " - TheBoatMan

I went to the Greek Store Saturday. Great place. I stocked up on non-perishables for a dinner I am having on August 20th. The Hellenic Deli is closed until next week so hopefully I can supplement my pantry there. I also found where to buy leg of goat and octopus in Paterson.

I was on the Greek island of Ikaria (goats outnumber people 4 to 1) studying cooking and baking with the amazing Diane Kochilas and her incredible husband Vassili. It was the most unbelieveable program. I am now armed and dangerous and cannot wait to cook for friends. Thanks for everyone's help.

Actually, you have 1 more week to get to the Greek Store in Kenilworth before their summer vacation.

"We will be closed for summer vacation August 6th through September 6th. We will re-open Thursday, September 7th. "

I've been to plenty over the past 10 years and IMHO this is the best greek store in NJ.