• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Naked food

cnspriggs

Hi everyone!

I have a tough customer coming to town to please. I'm looking for a restaurant who you think makes the best food without a lot of intervention. For example, those gorgeous yummy sauces on the plates at Parkside would make him crazy. Price is not an issue. Ideas?

Cheers!

You could try some great seafood at Imperial or as Neil mentioned Morton's for your simply prepared veg and meat in a grand setting. Chef Jeff at Aurora Bistro creates great regional cuisine without over indulgence in the sauce department.

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Park the car in Yaletown.

Have a couple of dozen oysters at Rodney's. Then head up the street to Cioppino's for steak tartar (if they have it) - or a "blue" flatiron steak (if they don't).

From there it's just a few steps to that fine place on Richards where the balance of the evening can unfold with a minimum of intervention.

Park the car in Yaletown.

Have a couple of dozen oysters at Rodney's. Then head up the street to Cioppino's for steak tartar (if they have it) - or a "blue" flatiron steak (if they don't).

From there it's just a few steps to that fine place on Richards where the balance of the evening can unfold with a minimum of intervention.

I could have gotten the wrong impression of her, but somehow I doubt cnspriggs would be taking anyone to Madame Cleo's, if that is the "fine place" to which you refer... :raz:

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to recommend either C or maybe Japanese and see what gets picked. Oysters also would be great except I want to partake in the fun myself and have this annoying allergy to such yummy creatures.