• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Singapore Rice Noodles

Hi Folks.....i am hoping that someone has some information on where i can find this dish. its one of my favorites and i am comming up empty in my search to find any in the Tacoma area.

I finally decided i better ask the board to see if anyone knows where to get them.

Please.... if you have any suggestions i would appreciate it...if not....where do i go in Seattle next time i am up there.

Thanks alot

Your right, no decent Chinese or Singapore noodles in Tacoma area.  I have seen Singapore noodles on the menu at Malay Sate hut in ID (12th and Jackson).  Good luck, wl

Thanks WL its just what i expected....i really have to move to an area with more good stuff. I like it here in Gig Harbor....but theres nothing good to eat when you want to go get something in a pinch. Thanks again for your comments

I'm surprised they would be at Malay Satay Hut given that "Singaporean" rice noodles are not Singaporean or Malaysian, but of the Cantonese tradition. If you have a decent Cantonese restaurant that you're happy eating at, even if they're not on the menu, the chef will know how to make singchou chow mai fun. You could try requesting it, it's not a complicated dish, and if they have dry curry powder then they'll probably be happy to make it for you.

regards,

trillium

They are on the Menu at various Chinese Restaurants in Tacoma, especially the older established ones, but there aren't any decent Chinese places in Tacoma.

Some of the Vietnam Restaurants may make then if requested, just ask for them as trillium suggested. I have also seen them being served at Thai places.

Irwin

I don't say that I do. But don't let it get around that I don't.

Hey guys... thanks for the suggestions.... i'll try it....but i dont hold out much hope. I will have to most likely go up to Seattle. Thats ok...i am sure there is some good stuff in Seattle....i'll have to enjoy it there till i move out of here.

Any more suggestions would be most appreciated.... thanks again.