• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food in Hell

adrober

My every meal would be mushrooms. I'd die an anaphylactic death over and over again

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Food: "Mexican" food that includes all of the fattening ingredients, none of the flavor. Stale chips with ketchup-like "salsa". Cheese crisp with salty fatty flavorless cheese. Rice and beans that clearly came out of a box. Chicken taco salad with iceberg lettuce, no salad dressing, only sour cream and guacamole (the quality of which matches the other ingredients). Delivered by waitstaff that clearly doesn't want to be there.

Dining companions going on and on about what a lousy movie "Jersey Girl" was, how they'll never see another Ben Affleck film again because there was so much sex talk in it (I'm no fan of his, don't plan to see the movie, but think it would make much more sense to boycott the writer and director who have much more control over what goes into the movie than the actor does. Or is figuring out who they were too much work for them?)

Oh, wait, that was my coworker's birthday lunch this afternoon. Hopefully this was the last trip to this particular establishment.