• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

'Cue Alert: Sweet Lucy's Smokehouse & Joe Dubreaux

marinade

A good point. I know that 'round Savannah way, crabs are a late spring to fall food. So given that this isn't a DDC-sponsored event, we should probably avoid too much danger in our dining. I will research this subject further, and if it turns out that a delay is called for, well, so be it! (What happens to a crab deferred?)

• 1 month later...

There's an extention of Pennypack Park that runs to the river and has massive parking at Rhawn Street, right near where Sweet Lucy's is now. That could be a good place for it. The city is usually pretty laisse-affair about such stuff as long as no one is complaining or calling 911.

• 2 months later...

Stopped by Sweet Lucy's recently.

Didn't really mean to, was just driving by, when I noticed the sign, and quickly decided to double back.

Good stuff, although I had the brisket and didn't get to the ribs or pulled pork.

Mentioned the possibility of a future event here, and they're happy to accomodate with tables and such.

A Saturday would be good, because the parking lot they're in wouldn't have all the cars from the business that owns the lot.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

• 2 years later...

This thread ends in 2004 ... was there ever an event or should we think about re-igniting this thread in 2006? Even if you did RibRunRedux in 2004, it's been 2 years ...

BTW, for a pitmaster, I'd like to vote for Pig Daddy's BBQ in Drexel Hills.

Website, menu is HERE

Just a few miles up the road from Overbrook Station, and does wonderful "dinosaur" beef ribs (weekends only). During the week there's the usual chicken, brisket, pulled pork, both as platters and sandwiches. Good sides. Chef/owner was active and successful on the competition circuit, but now spends time training national competition judges ... in itself, a recommendation.

It's purely take-out and have a great Texas-style hot sauce as well as regular ...

JasonZ

JasonZ

Philadelphia, PA, USA and Sandwich, Kent, UK

Amen, brother!

Recently, I've been visiting this establishment frequently, and can vouch for their KC pulled pork. Their low heat long time smoke just curls around your tastebuds and makes you wonder why you denied yourself so long. They also make great Tex-Mex and their caramelized onion Black Angus burgers are fantastic, but that pulled pork is on a plane by itself. They also have Carolina, but I just keep coming back to the KC.

Screw Oz, Toto, I'm stayin in Kansas.

btw, the Trophy Tavern next door (Burmont & Drexel) doesn't mind if you eat Pig Daddy's food there, especially if you're drinkin'. And PD caters all the way out past West Chester to the west and they live in S Joisey and have no trouble going anywhere there either. Catering menu is on the website.