• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Pot/Pan

AzRaeL

Looks like the winner would be one that hasn't been invented yet.

A cast iron wok with a flat bottom and a heavy tight fitting lid. It's a Dutch oven! It's a wok! It deep fries, it sautes, it bakes it braizes and it grills. Hell, if it was thick enough the lid itself could be a grill..

hmmmmmmmmmm

The patent is mine, I tell you... ALL MINE!!!!

muahahahaa......

Better step on it before the Joyce Chen people do it first. Her teflon wok already has a flat botton. All they have to do is make it in cast iron, and add a lid.

Get movin'!! ----- I'll buy one!

I have a Calphalon, non Stick, flat bottomed, wok like utensil. I really love that thing. Calphalon Professional Flat bottomed Wok. It is great for risotto (among other things) because of all the surface area.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Never watched Survivor either, but I can't imagine not choosing my wok.

I actually saw a cast iron wok at Crate & Barrel. That thing was as heavy as an anvil! I have problems washing my Le Crueset pot at times, so can't imagine wanting anything as heavy as a cast iron wok.

My regular carbon steel wok is almost non-stick, perfect for stir-frying, steaming, soup-making---and it's light enough to be portable!