• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Beaujolais Nouveau Food Matches

Susan in FL

What are some foods you like to eat with Beaujolais Nouveau?

Tonight we had pan-roasted chicken with it. In the past, we have enjoyed David Rosengarten's Oeufs en Meurette, sausages, and other pork or poultry dishes. I always appreciate any recipes you would like to share. Thanks.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Most carbonic maceration wines are very tasty with pizza, which contrary to popular belief can be a difficult wine match. A chilled nouveau, packed with fruit, can be a refreshing compliment.

I will also think of it as the fast food wine of choice: Kentucky Fried, Big Macs, Taco Bell and Italian Beef sandwiches are also natural matches and Rick Bayless' Burger King chicken sandwich must be perfect although I have never had one.