• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An American Grill-Mon. 4/21

Rosie

fri 18th at 1:30 works for me since friday is a day off...

and i do play golf as well - shall i bring my bag? :wink:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

golf shmolf. we're hittin the Hitching Post after lunch. :biggrin:

The Hitching Post?

Is that one of those quickie wedding places? I usually try to steer clear of such places...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

golf shmolf. we're hittin the Hitching Post after lunch. :biggrin:

The Hitching Post?

Is that one of those quickie wedding places? I usually try to steer clear of such places...

no, rp -

it's one of those places that guys take stacks of dollar bills to.....

guess i'll skip that part of the entertainment :blink:

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Ahhhh, I'm just trying to get a round of golf in as I'm off this week ( except for Sat of course). If everyone is interested I guess I could order some steaks and have some cocktails. Can we make it 2-2:30 so I can get some golf in.

Didn't realize the Hitchin Post is still open. :wacko:

I motion that we let the chef concentrate on his golf game and postpone this to a later date, preferably one after July 25 so I can attend :biggrin:

since we will be heading up to poughkeepsie tomorrow, john to see his grandmother who is suffering from congestive heart failure and me to do the cooking for the crew, this sounds like a great idea

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 2 weeks later...

I've been back for a least a week and will be here til my trip down the shore. If you want a Rocco theme perhaps Tommy can be Laurent, the DR manager, The Rock obviously will be The PR director bringing the glitter people.

Hey people, let me know when you want to come, what you want to eat & drink and I'll take care of it.

Lunch, dinner, perhaps breakfast, I'm up for it.

Lou

Actually, If Tommy and The Rock want to do my next cooking show let me know. I need to plan in advance.

Edited by Lreda (log)

Bullshit, beside if I put you in front of a camera, no one will see you except those in Morris County.

Although, Rosie likes those Men with Blender adds. :cool:

I'm beggin Rosie, let me do it!!!

Bullshit, beside if I put you in front of a camera, no one will see you except those in Morris County.

Although, Rosie likes those Men with Blender adds. :cool:

I'm beggin Rosie, let me do it!!!

Maybe we should put together a calendar of NJ Chefs and eGulleters with their blenders. :biggrin:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

OK...let's shoot for the 8th for lunch...at which time we can negotiate TV appearances, blenders, calendars and whatever other offers may come up...keep in mind however that Lou, Sir Tommy and myself are "high end" commodities :laugh: ...Lou , as for the menu - how bout lots of steak, lots of garlic bread. lots of cheese, and lots of beer - now that is my type of Friday lunch...

A.D.S.

OK...let's shoot for the 8th for lunch...at which time we can negotiate TV appearances, blenders, calendars and whatever other offers may come up...keep in mind however that Lou, Sir Tommy and myself are "high end" commodities :laugh: ...Lou , as for the menu - how bout lots of steak, lots of garlic bread. lots of cheese, and lots of beer - now that is my type of Friday lunch...

I'm good, give me a time.