• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

where should i go to dinner

tommy

Ant, Nori in Caldwell on Bloomfield Ave is excellent sushi, but I don't know if that counts as seafood for you. South City Grill? I've never been, but I've know a lot of people like it...but it's not BYO.

Tommy, if it's just you, the Great Notch Inn is probably open. Heehee Seriously, though--Park & Orchard? At least there, you know there's a good wine list...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Seriously, though--Park & Orchard? At least there, you know there's a good wine list...

actuall, P&O is a great idea for me. it's close, it's got a bar, it's got a bunch of wines, and the food is, well, ok enough. that will be on the radar for next time.

as far as Legal Seafood, i don't recall anything. but i have this enormous cut on the back of my skull. can someone please explain that? i'm beginning to fade...im dot shre wha thd.a hd g..j ahsdg 'dg.....fgjggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

it's sort of tuesday.

where should i go to dinner?  i'm thinking somewhere with decent wines by the glass.  probably eating at the bar with any luck.  sound familiar?

I've been wanting to try Porto Leggero in Jersey City. Can you go and give us a report?

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Weird? Ted Danson dating Whoopi Goldberg was weird. The Pontiac Aztec is weird. I don't think going to Dish would be weird...

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Weird? Ted Danson dating Whoopi Goldberg was weird. The Pontiac Aztec is weird. I don't think going to Dish would be weird...

it would be an odd place for me to return alone to have dinner. my history there has always been filled with social events and groups of people. it was that kind of place to me. i've never considered it the type of place for a solitary meal, like a would Babbo or some others that aren't coming to mind. so in that regard, it would be weird. and i think the food is exactly the same as it was 4 years ago, which would be weird too. the menu doesn't look like it has changed much. that's weird.

but you're right about whoopi and ted.

Edited by tommy (log)

but you're right about whoopi and ted.

AND about the Aztec. I just never understood that one.

About dinner...this is a question I'm posing, b/c I know nothing about it. But I'm taking in to account the weather and the area of the world in which you live. Napa Grille (?) at Garden State Plaza? The mere fact that it's in a mall scares me, but like I said, I don't know what the story is there.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

AND about the Aztec.  I just never understood that one.

About dinner...this is a question I'm posing, b/c I know nothing about it.  But I'm taking in to account the weather and the area of the world in which you live.  Napa Grille (?) at Garden State Plaza?  The mere fact that it's in a mall scares me, but like I said, I don't know what the story is there.

that's a good suggestion. although i've actually been there a few times and never liked it very much. at all, really. although it almost does seem like a "mall-dining" kind of night. hell that's what i ended up doing last week!

although i know it will suck, perhaps i'll give the Pacific Grill a try. that outta be suitably horrible for a rainy night.

Where's Pacific Grill? Don't know that one.

it's in one of the malls.  not the big one though.  sister of Oakville Grill, Bacari Grill, loosely related to South City Grills...in other words, i won't like it very much.  :biggrin:

GOTCHA.

Happy driving in that part of the pool! :wacko: We'll expect a full report tomorrow...

I've been wanting to try Porto Leggero in Jersey City. Can you go and give us a report?

I passed by today and stopped in and looked at the menu. Drop dead beautiful. Riscala Design should get an award. Here are some pictures. The menu looked adventurous and included duplicates of some items but prepared differently. My only bone is how many Italian restaurants does JC need?

There's always room for an upscale jaw dropping Italian restaurant and Michael is an outstanding chef. Got to get to this place ASAP. Saw pictures. Gorgeous.

I passed by today and stopped in and looked at the menu.  Drop dead beautiful.  Riscala Design should get an award.  Here are some pictures.  The menu looked adventurous and included duplicates of some items but prepared differently.  My only bone is how many Italian restaurants does JC need?

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

WOW, I hope the food is as great as the decor looks!! Count me in if you need guinea pigs to join you, Rosie!! :wink:

Not against you, my friend. You're even more cynical than I am!!! :biggrin:

all right folks, you know the routine: it's tuesday.

i've got a laptop coming tonight so i want to stay close to home in bergen county so i can get back and play with it. any idea? i've been tempted to follow up on curlz's suggestion of P&O, but that's kinda out of the way.

(tried the new Thai Chef in Riverside Square last night, so that's out, although it would have been a good idea. although it wasn't very good)

Here are some local restaurants. Haven't been to most of them!! Did you go out last night?

28 Oak Street 28 Oak St. Ridgewood

Baumgart’s Cafe 158 Franklin Ave Ridgewood BYO

Blue Moon Restaurant 23 Chestnut St. Ridgewood

Cafe Mille Luci 2 S. Maple Ave. Ridgewood

Cafe Savoy 18 E. Ridgewood Ave. Ridgewood

Favia Ridgewood 07450

Fratelli Trattoria 119 E. Ridgewood Av.e Ridgewood

Fresh Cactus Grill 24 Chestnut Ridgewood

Gazelle Cafe and Grille, 11 Godwin Ave, Ridgewood

Hudson’s 26 South Broad St. Ridgewood

Hunan Villa 192 E. Ridgewood Ave. Ridgewood

Istanbul 23 N Broad St, Ridgewood

It’s Greek to Me E. Ridgewood Ave Ridgewood

Ivangie Tea House 54Chestnut St. Ridgewood

Joel’s Malibu Kitchen 14 Oak St. Ridgewood

Kailash 22 Oak S. Ridgewood Thai

Kumo 55 Franklin Ave Ridgewood

La Cambusa 16 Chestnut ST Ridgewood

Mama Rosa’s Restaurant 102 N. Maple Ave. Ridgewood

Marcello’s at the Station 8Wilsey Square Ridgewood

Marra’s, Ridgewood

Mela 47 E. Ridgewood Ave. Ridgewood Indian

Nicholas Mediterranean Cuisine 13 Godwin Ave. Ridgewood

Odyssey Ridgewood

Osaka 88 Godwin Ave Ridgewood

Radicchio Ridgewood

Sakae 23 Chestnut St Ridgewood Japanese

Sakura Bana 43 Franklin Ave. Ridgewood

Tabboule, 90 N Maple Avenue Ridgewood (201 444-7044).

Tavern on the Park Ridgewood

TC's Little Taste of Saigon 419 Goffle Rd Ridgewood BYO

Tratoria Fratelli 19 E. Ridgewood Ave. Ridgewood

Village Green 36 Prospect St. Ridgewood

Wasabi 848 E Ridgewood Ave Ridgewood

Wild Noodles, 31 Chestnut St, Ridgewood

Zarole's 20 E. Ridgewood Ave. Ridgewood

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE