• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breville Paradice 9

lindag

I spent part of the afternoon trying out my new toy and diced fresh pineapple, some ham and peeled some potatoes and beets.  The dicing took seconds and cleanup was just as fast.  I had trouble with the peeling function and called Breville for help.  Had a really nice customer service person;  it turned out to be operator error.  Here are some pics, excluding the beets.

20240801_150933.jpg

20240801_161901.jpg

20240801_171639.jpg

• Like 3
  • Delicious 1

14 hours ago, ElsieD said:

I spent part of the afternoon trying out my new toy and diced fresh pineapple, some ham and peeled some potatoes and beets.  The dicing took seconds and cleanup was just as fast.  I had trouble with the peeling function and called Breville for help.  Had a really nice customer service person;  it turned out to be operator error.  Here are some pics, excluding the beets.

20240801_150933.jpg

20240801_161901.jpg

20240801_171639.jpg

Beautiful!  I'm thinking I'll use it for making potato salad next.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Laurentius said:

So about $850 CDN for the FP and the dice kit?  It'd be more if you wanted all 3 sizes?

I don't know where you live so I think your best bet is to go to the Breville web site.  They list the prices for whatever you may want.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Which dicing disc will you use?  I'm wondering if I should get the two additional discs- the 8mm and the 16mm.

The Paradice 9 has only the one dicing blade, it's the 12msize.

I doubt that you'd need any others unless you're planning to dice everything.

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, rotuts said:

@ElsieD

wow  that's quite something.

wish I had a common use for dice.

no doubt Ill dream up something over night.

my question is : doesn't the ' vertical ' dimension , ie the dimension you ' push down '

depend on how hard you push the food down ?

I don't know.  Maybe I'll try it.