• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Report: eGullet Chocolate and Confectionery Workshop 2024

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Not sure what you mean

This is what I mean - check her insta (seed confections post on November 13) she gives some tips how to do it- I haven't tried it myself but I am going to at some point. 

IMG_4511.jpeg

Edited by RanaMN
Adding date of the post (log)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RanaMN said:

This is what I mean - check her insta (seed confections post on November 13) she gives some tips how to do it- I haven't tried it myself but I am going to at some point. 

IMG_4511.jpeg

Ah - recognize this from the days I needed to get carrageenans for water marbling - don't recall what I was marbling though. Anna would have been able to tell me!

We could try this with a 3D mold - suspect it's just drizzling some cocoa butter onto room temperature water, introducing the mold into the water, plunge and twist and pull out. The trick is going to be having enough surface area for the size of the object and and a deep enough bath that you can submerge it and twist. 

Next thought - how to hold it so water doesn't get inside. 

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)