• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

@gulfporter

been using Patak pastes for ever and ever.  Back when they were only in Indian markets ( USA )

I like them much better than the newer ( USA ) simmer sauces.  they are available in every local market

where I live.  ( NorthEast )  I used them  ( many varieties ) as the paste I add to a SV bag for a

' curry '   chicken , pork , turkey .  works very well that way , then i freeze the SV'd . rapidly cooled bags.

rotuts

rotuts

@gulfporter

been using Patak pastes for ever and ever.  Back when they were only in Indian markets ( USA )

I like them much better than the newer ( USA ) simmer sauces.  they are available in every local market

where I live.  ( NorthEast )  I used them  ( many varieties ) as the paste I add to a SV bag for a

' curry '   chicken , pork , turkey .  works very well that way , then i freeze the SV'd . rapidly cooked bags.