• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

First, this is for @Duvel:

IMG_2426.thumb.jpeg.13d79ab13d435ad212522d9c4a936f51.jpeg

In order to show the relative size of this chicken thigh, compared with a string bean and a tater tot (or, as in this case, a "spud puppy").

IMG_2424.thumb.jpeg.a0f920cd640d77295f556a299ce792e2.jpeg 

This is cacik, a Turkish yogurt/cucumber soup, made very similarly to tzatziki. Often served in lieu of a salad, before the rest of the meal. Lots of fresh herbs; in this case dill, mint and parsley. I like to serve it pretty thick, but it can be thinned out with water to give it more of a soup consistency.

IMG_2429.thumb.jpeg.5e309b56e896eda52b9a92e0e99f5d7e.jpeg

The above mentioned chicken thighs (almost a la Jacques, though I do turn them, as opposed to covering them), green beans (blanched, then sautéed in the drippings after the thighs were cooked), and the aforementioned spud puppies. And no matter what the directions say vis-a-vis the spud puppies (they say to cook on an ungreased baking sheet), a little spritz of oil or cooking them on parchment will lead to a more uniform finished product.

weinoo

weinoo

First, this is for @Duvel:

IMG_2426.thumb.jpeg.13d79ab13d435ad212522d9c4a936f51.jpeg

In order to show the relative size of this chicken thigh, compared with a string bean and a tater tot (or, as in this case, a "spud puppy."

IMG_2424.thumb.jpeg.a0f920cd640d77295f556a299ce792e2.jpeg 

This is cacik, a Turkish yogurt/cucumber soup, made very similarly to tzatziki. Often served in lieu of a salad, before the rest of the meal. Lots of fresh herbs; in this case dill, mint and parsley. I like to serve it pretty thick, but it can be thinned out with water to give it more of a soup consistency.

IMG_2429.thumb.jpeg.5e309b56e896eda52b9a92e0e99f5d7e.jpeg

The above mentioned chicken thighs (almost a la Jacques, though I do turn them, as opposed to covering them), green beans (blanched, then sautéed in the drippings after the thighs were cooked), and the aforementioned spud puppies. And no matter what the directions say vis-a-vis the spud puppies (they say to cook on an ungreased baking sheet), a little spritz of oil or cooking them on parchment will lead to a more uniform finished product.