• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@rotuts – I love B&M beans!  For some reason, I’ve always thought that the jarred ones tasted best.  Being influenced by my English stepdad, I’ve have had to heat them up and put them on top of some heavily buttered toast 😉!

@kayb – thank you, ma’am!  It wasn’t Benton’s – it was Appleton Farms and we just got it at Kroger.  It was delicious, but maybe not quite fatty enough.  It made very little grease in the sheet pan when I roasted it. 

@blue_dolphin – those fig crostatas are amazing looking.

We’ve been without a refrigerator since Saturday (long story – thought it was gone, but it looks like the door was open all Friday night), so I treated myself to a good breakfast this morning.  A grilled fried egg sandwich and sausage patties:

1-IMG_0373.jpg.12c6bb482664c8f25dcb89bec7737812.jpg 

1-IMG_0374.jpg.2b78688ae01299f7809c7ae13450edcc.jpg

There were a couple of good, gooey yolks in the middle.  I haven’t yet perfected @blue_dolphin‘s method of spreading out the fried egg yolk yet!  This is my favorite way to have an egg sandwich.  Grilling it like a grilled cheese gives you a nice, buttery crunch on the outside and a soft, pillowy bite on the inside.  

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@rotuts – I love B&M beans!  For some reason, I’ve always thought that the jarred ones tasted best.  Being influenced by my English stepdad, I’ve have had to heat them up and put them on top of some heavily buttered toast 😉!

@kayb – thank you, ma’am!  It wasn’t Benton’s – it was Appleton Farms and we just got it at Kroger.  It was delicious, but maybe not quite fatty enough.  It made very little grease in the sheet pan when I roasted it. 

@blue_dolphin – those fig crostatas are amazing looking.

We’ve been without a refrigerator since Saturday (long story – thought it was gone, but it looks like the door was open all Friday night), so I treated myself to a good breakfast this morning.  A grilled fried egg sandwich and sausage patties:

1-IMG_0373.jpg.12c6bb482664c8f25dcb89bec7737812.jpg 

1-IMG_0374.jpg.2b78688ae01299f7809c7ae13450edcc.jpg

There were a couple of good, gooey yolks in the middle.  I haven’t yet perfected blue ‘s method of spreading out the fried egg yolk yet!  This is my favorite way to have an egg sandwich.  Grilling it like a grilled cheese gives you a nice, buttery crunch on the outside and a soft, pillowy bite on the inside.