• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Newbie post

PadreANT

Good morning everyone. I am new to this group and am looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. I am at the very beginning of this process, and have lots to learn. Ultimately, I am looking to begin a mobile food service business as a sort of "retirement" plan for when I'm ready to step back from my current full-time gig. Bear with me, I'll be asking a lot of questions. I live in South-Central PA.

• Like 4

Welcome, PadreANT! This is a good time and place to tell more about yourself, if you wish. What sort of food do you like to cook and eat? Is your current full-time gig related to food? What did you have for dinner last night, or breakfast this morning?

C'mon in, take a look around, and join the fun! You've already started with your questions, and that's good. If you have any questions about how to use the forums or where to post, feel free to ask a host.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

A little bit more about myself ... I live in South-Central PA, and am currently a full-time pastor at a local church. I have been doing that for the last 17 years. I also love to cook, and do most of the cooking at home for my family. I decided to go back to school and am currently pursuing a certificate in Culinary Arts and Catering at a community college near me. It has been fantastic, and it has led to my thinking that when the time comes for me to step back from full-time ministry, I would want to open my food truck business. I am thinking trailer to begin because of the lower start-up costs than a full-blown food truck. So I am still in the beginning research phase of all of this, and trying to learn as much as possible. I am looking forward to everyone's insight.

• Like 5