• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Finally signed up to post

tcdo

Hi, folks - I’ve read egullet fora for ages but finally signed up to post.

I’m in greater Boston, US. Been interested in cooking and kitchen gadgets for a long time, share the cooking at home but not 50/50, used to do a lot of cooking out of Roberto Santibañez’s Truly Mexican but ultimately realized the spice level was not going to become a household standard (and also this was a time-intensive hobby). Stews and so forth are probably my favorite cooking, but I don’t have a lot of free afternoons so I’ve used a pressure cooker for over a decade (my wife prefers using the slow cooker for that sort of thing).

Good to be here!

• Like 6

Welcome to eGullet, @tcdo!  I did the same thing many years ago.  I bet I lurked for a couple of years before taking the plunge and I've always been glad that I did.  I'm looking forward to seeing your contributions.  I have friends in your area and hope to visit some day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

Welcome to eGullet, @tcdo!  I did the same thing many years ago.  I bet I lurked for a couple of years before taking the plunge and I've always been glad that I did.  I'm looking forward to seeing your contributions.  I have friends in your area and hope to visit some day. 

I too lurked.  I found eGullet posts kept turning up on google searches.

• Like 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou