• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fire one new member!

ChefSPC

Greetings - Just joined the forums.  I'm a small caterer handling anywhere from 12 (in home service) to 200 (both banquet and sit down formats).  My wheelhouse is mediterranean ethnic cuisine, including Middle Eastern, French, Italian and Spanish, but we can pull off just about anything.  Hope to expand my knowledge of methodology and technique, as well as just chat about the stuff I am most passionate about - cooking for others.  Thanks!

• Like 4

Hello everyone. I joined because I have a small coffee shop that serves breakfast and lunch. Everything is made fresh from scratch! Recently it is the baked good that have taken off and are supporting the business. I don't have a lot of experience on this side and I am looking to up my game. Currently I am looking into cake decorating. I can bake them, but need to learn to decorate them. All advice is welcome! Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

Welcome, Jeff! Glad to have you here. What do you serve for breakfast in your shop? Breakfast/brunch is both my favorite meal to eat out, and my favorite meal to cook for others. In what part of the world are you located?

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Welcome to you both. I've learned a lot here over the years, and there's an astonishing quantity of information contained in these threads if you have the time to winkle it out.

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning